The Washington Montessori Institute welcomes your application so you can begin the exciting and powerful journey of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) training. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds: academic, racial, gender, ethnicity, dis/ability, professional, and orientation.
For Two-Summer Course: WMI accepts students on a rolling basis until the course is full. We are still enrolling for our Two-Summer Course (2021 & 2022).
For Academic Year Course: WMI accepts students on a rolling basis until the course is full. The deadline for applying for our 2021-2022 Academic Year Course is July 1, 2021. We will continue accepting applications beyond the due date if there are any remaining spaces.
As you begin the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or to let us know how we may support you.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 202-818-8701
A member of our admissions committee will contact you once your application is complete (including transcripts and references). They will schedule an interview (in person or by phone/web call). After the interview, the committee will formally review your application. We will notify you within two weeks of your interview regarding acceptance.
- A Bachelor’s degree from any field is the academic standard of the AMI diploma course. The committee may make exceptions on an individual basis.
- Academic ability to pursue an intensive and deep study of child development
- Adequate oral language and writing abilities
- High-level organizational abilities to manage the varied requirements of the course
- Integrity of character and maturity of personality congruent with the demanding and important work of leading a community of young children
- Openness to new ideas and a revolutionary approach to human development
Application Components ($100 Non-Refundable Application Fee)
- Contact information: name, email, address, telephone, citizenship, gender, race/ethnicity
- Previous Montessori training (if applicable)
- For non-native English speakers, TOEFL score submission (minimum requirement of 80) Have testing service send the official TOEFL score sent to WMI.
- Three references (professional or academic)
- Educational history/employment history/resumé
Tuition & Fees
- $12,500 Tuition (for both courses)
- $100 Non-refundable application fee
- Extra fees for books, AMI membership, and material making/supplies