The Washington Montessori Institute welcomes your application so you can begin the exciting and powerful journey of Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) training. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds: academic, racial, gender, ethnicity, dis/ability, professional, and orientation.
As you begin the application process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or to let us know how we may support you.
By phone: 410-617-7777
By email: email@example.com
A member of our admissions committee will contact you once your application is complete (including transcripts and references). They will schedule an interview (in person or by phone/web call). After the interview, the committee will formally review your application. We will notify you within two weeks of your interview regarding acceptance.
- A Bachelor’s degree from any field is the academic standard of the AMI diploma course. The committee may make exceptions on an individual basis.
- Academic ability to pursue an intensive and deep study of child development
- Adequate oral language and writing abilities
- High-level organizational abilities to manage the varied requirements of the course
- Integrity of character and maturity of personality congruent with the demanding and important work of leading a community of young children
- Openness to new ideas and a revolutionary approach to human development
Part One of Application
- Submission of non-refundable $100 application fee (PayPal button below)
- Identification of which course applicant is applying to
- Contact information: email, address, telephone, citizenship, gender, race/ethnicity
- Education history: all colleges/universities attended, degree/s earned, GPA, completion dates (Bachelor’s degree preferred, but if a candidate shows the academic ability to pursue an intensive and deep study of child development exceptions may be made)
- Previous Montessori training, experience
- For non-native English speakers, TOEFL score submission (minimum requirement of 550) Have testing service send the official TOEFL score sent to WMI.
Part Two of Application
Note: upload references, resumé, and essays in pdf format
- Submission of three references (professional or academic)
- Employment history/resumé
- Why do you wish to become a Montessori teacher?
- How did you learn about WMI?
- What skills and experience do you bring to this work?
- What do you want to do after you complete this training?
- Submission of official transcripts from all credit-bearing institutions of higher learning (colleges, universities). Institution must send these directly to WMI by mail in a sealed envelope.